Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Book Reviews: II

I read a few more books


Nanny Returns
This is a sequal to the first book, Nanny Diaries, by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. Nan Hutinchson get involved again in the life of her former young charger - Grayer - and has to fight her own personal battles with a job, her marriage and friends. There is something I find appealing about a peek into the lives of fake, rich people in NYC. Another fluffy, entertaining book I read in 4 days. No real substance, but good for distraction.

Someone Knows My Name
I think my aunt recommended this to my mom, who told me about it. I picked it up at the library and could not put it down. It is an incredible story about Meena Dee, or Aminata Diallo, a girl who is taken from Africa at 11 and sold into slavery. It follows her journey to the end and is incredibly well-written and captivating.

No comments: