I want to rehash some lessons I learned over the summer:
1) I enjoy alone time and independence. I'm still extroverted but not being accountable to anyone else is kind of nice.
2) I love coffee. Seriously. After 20 different coffee shops in Vancouver I definitely confirmed this.
3) I love meeting new people. I enjoy getting to know people I am similar to and those I am different from. Either way, it's great.
4) I am still interested in research as a career! woo!
5) I really really love the Northwest. I don't mind rain (when I am prepared for it). I love the cooler weather and the vibe of it.
All of the "I statements" in that above list really indicate that I was very "me focused" this summer. Which, I think was okay for those few months. Now that I'm back in school it's not as okay for me - but I'm okay with it and ready to get back in the swing of things and move on with life.This was in Gastown, a really cool area of Vancouver.