Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Makes ~24-30 cookies)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
1) Preheat oven to 375*. Using electric mixer or stand mixer, combine coconut oil and brown sugar. Next add in eggs one at a time and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
2) In separate bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and salt. Add all at once to wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Using a spoon stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
3) Put large spoonfuls of cookie dough onto sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are just brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!