Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Things I Learned While Living In Lubbock

I cannot believe that almost two years ago I was writing this post about moving to Texas! In reflecting on our time here I began to really think about what I've done in the last year and a half. It made me realize that this post could also be titled "Where I Became An Adult," because in all honesty Lubbock is where I first lived totally on my own. So here is a list of things I learned while living here:
  • Appropriate use of the term "y'all" and how to say it in everyday conversation
  • How to be a nurse
  • Getting my own car insurance
  • Having a budget
  • How to plan a week of meals
  • Two words: health insurance
  • Another word and an acronym: Roth IRA
  • How to be a wife (which is in progress)

It is really hard to believe our time is almost over so we're going to make the best of it for the last weekend we're here!

(photos courtesy of my husband)

No comments: