Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Embracing Arizona

I recently decided that I need to embrace Arizona more. Honestly, I don't plan on living here for long so while I'm here I should probably take advantage of the things Arizona has to offer. Here are the two of my most recent Arizona
 adventures:

This past weekend Seth and I went to the Ostrich Ranch that's between Tucson and Phoenix. First, did you know that ostriches live between 50 and 75 years? Second, this place is some of the best entertainment you can get for $5. You get some feed and some nectar. You can feed the donkeys, the miniature sicillian donkeys (which i love and now want one as a pet), the ostriches (which are terribly mean so mostly you throw the food at them) and the lorikeets (which flock to you - literally, they sit on you). It's phenomenal. I laughed the whole time we were there.

And on Veterans Day I did a hike to Romero Pools! The hike itself is 5.5 miles in Catalina State Park. It's actually kinda pretty :) Getting out of the U of A area is really nice and I love spending time with people in nature. 






Anyone have any other ideas for things to do in Tucson?

No comments: