Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

vacation, then and now.

So, when I was little I used to be packed for vacation weeks in advance. This is no exaggeration. I would organize my entire packing list, pull out enough socks, shirts, stuffed animals, crafts, etc. and roll them up and very carefully place them in my duffle bag about 3 weeks before we were supposed to leave for whatever vacation we were going on. I was apparently neurotic even as a child. And my excitement leading up to vacation was almost uncontrollable. Vacation was something totally out of the norm that happened once or twice a year. We got to do a bunch of stuff that was so out of the norm, like eat out on a regular basis and do stuff all day long!

Now, I'm leaving for vacation in a few hours and I'm haphazardly throwing things I may or may not need into my laundry basket. I'm definitely excited for vacation but for different reasons. I actually relax on vacations and love just laying around all day. Oh how my life has changed...

3 comments:

Seth said...

Neurotic... ha ha ha. Have fun and rest. Ps. 23: 1-3.

I'm still bummed you won't be going to the beach.

Rose said...

Have a great time. I know I am! :) Love you!

Unknown said...

I was so the same way. Made heaps of lists of exactly what I was going to pack and crossed them off religiously as I went. Now I try to think of what I'll need but end up just throwing stuff in a bag. Glad someone used to be crazy like me...love you best