Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It has begun

...that new "stage of life" where you have married friends.

That is my best friend and her husband during their first dance. Their day was perfect. I bustled, I toasted, I smiled, a danced. I was so blessed and honored to be her maid of honor on the most important day of her life.

This was the first of many weddings I'll attend, over the next year especially. While it's all very exciting and I'm immensely happy for all of them, its weird. Life moves on. We move into new places, new jobs, new relationships. All the while trying to figure out where we fit. What we're doing. Even with the ultimate purpose of serving God, we still have to figure out what the heck we're doing and how to do that best.

Like I've said before, I've only got a year left of "fake life" also known as college. And after that its on to bigger and better things. While I'm excited for it all, I can only hope that I end up in community that I love as much, surrounded by people I love the most. Until then I've got to embrace my life now and while it changes around me, or rather as I change with the rest of the world.

1 comment:

Liene Stevens said...

You'll attend a bunch of weddings at the end of and just after college, and then again at 30 with a few here and there in between.

I'm at the stage of life where many of my friends are getting divorced. It's weird.