Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Victoria

I spent about 6 hours on Saturday in transit (3 buses to get to the ferry, a 1.5 hour ferry ride and then several bus rides on the island) to get to Vancouver Island, specifically Butchart Gardens and Victoria. It was a gorgeous day for travel - warm, sunny...you get the idea.

The gardens are incredible! A huge area with different types of gardens in different sections. The tickets are a bit pricey, so only go if you have awhile to spend there. and pack your own lunch because the food in the park is way overpriced. seriously...$6 for gelato. ridiculous.

Another 40 minute bus ride to Victoria was next on the agenda. I didn't know where to go at this point, so I rode the bus until it stopped at the last place and got off...I ended up in the right place. Right in front of Parliment. Victoria is very touristy and very beautiful. It has a lot of British influence which is really visible. I spent a lot of time walking in by the water and in various shops. If you get a chance to go head into Rogers Chocolates for a caramel winter apple truffle. it was a-ma-zing. I tried a little hippie coffee store and relaxed. I also splurged and ate at The Empress for dinner. All in all, I wish I could have been with a travel buddy and stayed overnight to have a chance to do a few more things. Guess I'll have to go back :)

Since a picture is worth 1,000 words I leave you with these...

No comments: