Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Harvest


This post is about My Dad: The Gardener. He loves to grow things - well, edible things. I'm pretty sure this comes from the face that both my grandma and grandpa were superb gardeners. My grandma grew the most stupendous garden I've ever seen and I have vivid memories of picking corn and raspberries at my grandpa's house. Anyways, one adventure he has been working on for awhile is growing grapes. To be honest, I thought this would fail. The picture above proves I should have more confidence in the man. We harvested the first grapes the other night for dinner. They were about 1/3 the size of regular grapes but tasted exactly the same as store-bought grapes (which, for some reason was quite a shock, but that's beside the point). It was phenom.

No comments: