Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Still more books

I've read some more books lately. And I'm a little behind on blogging them. So here are a few I've read.

I was incredibly impressed with Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. The author is a doctor who was born to Indian parents and grew up in Ethiopia, much like the narrator and main character. He presents the fascinating story of twins born to a nun. These boys are raised by doctors at this hospital in the politically tumultuous city of Addis Ababa. This book told by one of the twins, follows his life until he is an adult. I liked it particularly because there are several medical events in the book told with great detail. This book took a little while to get into, but once I was hooked.

I read this book because Bossypants wasn't in yet. It was a quick read and not necessarily one I recommend. that's the bottom line.

Anyways, next I'll be blogging about Austin! yay!

No comments: