My body has no idea what time it is. I came back from vacation overseas, was a little jet lagged the first two days, got sick for one night, then started back to work on night shifts. My internal clock is just confused.
Pesto Pasta Salad
from Better Homes and Gardens
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1, 8 oz jar of basil pesto
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2, 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 2 oz parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shredded or shaved
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1) Put pot of water on to boil. Cook the macaroni just until al dente. Drain and rinse with cool water.
2) While pasta cooks, in a small pan toast the pine nuts until fragrant. When pasta is ready, in a large bowl mix beans, macaroni, half the cheese and half the pine nuts. Add in the pesto and mix until well combined. Stir in the arugula, then top off with rest of cheese and pine nuts.
3) If not serving immediately, cover and chill until ready to eat. Enjoy!