Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Raspberry Banana Bread

This blog could start out with a little blurb about how I can't believe the first week of August is already over. Summer is flying by! What? But I'm not going to go on about that because really, it's hot out. I want it to cool down so I don't sweat so much outside. That's real.
This picture of frozen berries is cooling me down already. I needed to use a lot more of the raspberries we picked and wanted to make a quick bread and stumbled upon this recipe from Taste of Home. 
It comes together easily, and is delicious and moist. Sorry I just typed moist, I know a lot of people hate that word but I don't know how else to describe that.
Just mash a few bananas, chop up some walnuts, pre-freeze some raspberries (so they don't get too mushy and the color doesn't ruin the dough) and you're in business.
The one thing I would caution you is not to use 9x5 pan because the bread is a little thin then (still tasted good though). Also, make sure the raspberries are evenly spread throughout the dough.
I hope you enjoy the bread. And aren't sweating too much, like I am.
Raspberry Banana Bread
makes 2, 8x4 loaves
Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup raspberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
To Make

1) If using fresh raspberries, freeze for 10 minutes to make them firmer for baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8x4 loaf pans. 

2) Whisk together flour, sugar, soda and salt in a large bowl. In seperate bowl, mix eggs, banana oil and water. Stir in dry ingredients just until combined. Finally, fold in raspberries and walnuts, making sure there aren't any chunks.

3) Evenly divide batter between loaf pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans before removing to wire rack. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Trisha Carlson said...

We made it today for our afternoon activity. In deference to our appetites, we left out the walnuts, added more banana and cut way back on sugar, and it was still really good. Of course, your frozen raspberries look way better than ours did!