Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm off...again!

Tomorrow, at 12:30 p.m. I fly out of Washington DC and into Montana! I'll be gone for a week on a family vacation in Glacier National Park.

It happens to be a place with quite a bit of family attachment. My parents honeymooned there, my sister and brother-in-law met there, and we spent pretty much every summer vacation there when we lived in Minnesota. I've fallen in ice cold lakes, gotten countless blisters, eating the best pie in the world, and spent many memorable birthdays there. This time I'll be backpacking for the first time there. Let's all hope I don't do something embarrassing like break my leg or get eaten by bears...

I'll be back to the world of computers and cell phones in about a week, so until then I'll leave you with this breath-taking view.


2 comments:

Matt said...

Nice! I've never been to Montana, but I suppose I'll have to visit during my trip to Washington, Oregon, Colorado, and South Dakota. That trip doesn't exist yet, but maybe it will someday.

Unknown said...

i hope you get chased by a bear, but not injured....what a great story that would be? :) love your guts.