You guys. Taxes are real. And stressful. I even use online tax software and almost owed the government $900 because I mistyped one little letter. Thank goodness for moms.
I think the alliteration in the title (4 C's!) makes it even better.
Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Joy the Baker
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1) Cream butter and sugars together until well combined, about 3 minutes. Then add egg and egg yolk and beat at medium speed until fluffy, finally stir in the vanilla. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
2) Mix the flour, soda and espresso powder in a bowl. Dump this into the wet ingredients all at once and stir just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips at the very end. Once all mixed, chill for 45 minutes.
3) When dough is ready, preheat the oven to 350*. Drop the dough using a melon baller or by tablespoonfuls only baking sheets. You can use parchment paper if you want to as well. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven. Then cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes or as long as you can handle it. Enjoy!