Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Latte

Even though I live in Seattle, the coffee mecca of the United States, I hold in my heart a fondness for the coffee shops in Tucson, Arizona. There were numerous shops with quirky decor and delicious drinks that I frequented a lot. Especially while in nursing school. I would often hunker down for hours (like 5-8) at a time and study med-surg, cardiac function, the Triad of Virchow and how to put in catheters
One that I loved was Epic Cafe on 4th Ave. The only thing I ever got there was the Peanut Butter Mocha. I know. Your mind may have been blown reading that drink title. That's the only place I've ever seen it on the menu and the other day I got a hankering for it. What to do? Bottom line most of the places here would think putting peanut butter in coffee was an abomination. Anyways, I had to make one myself and I was so happy I did. I didn't have any chocolate sauce at the time but even without it, it was amazing. 

Peanut Butter Latte
(adapted from a drink at Epic Cafe)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup strongly brewed espresso or coffee, hot
  • 2 heaping tablespoons creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • sweetener of choice
To Make:

1) Gather your ingredients. Make your coffee. I use a French Press (1 heaping spoonful of coffee grounds to every half cup of water).

2) In a blender or cup suitable for using an immersion blender, pour coffee, peanut butter, whipping cream and as much sweetener as you like (chocolate syrup would also be delicious) and blend until mixed and frothy.

3) Taste and adjust ingredients to your discretion. Enjoy!



No comments: