Guilty pleasures. We all have them. That's what I want to talk about today. Mine include: The Bachelor (which I judge myself for), not showering for as long as I can get away with, cookie dough and documentaries on Netflix.
All of those things can be balanced out by this soup. I'm not totally sure why it makes it okay for me to watch The Bachelor, but it does. It's vegan after all! And thankfully vegan in this case dose mean healthy.
Never heard of Field Roast Sausage? Me either until a few weeks ago. It's a vegan sauge made from grains, veggies, local wine and delicious flavorings. Honestly, it's delicious. They have italian, mexican chipotle, and smoked apple sage. I used Italian for this recipe but the original recipe recommends the mexican chipotle. I don't think you could go wrong.
Vegan Carrot Soup
from Lunch Box Bunch
- Olive Oil
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 Field Roast vegan sausage
- 5 large carrots
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 egg noodles (or any dry pasta)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1-4 cups of water
- s&p to taste
1) Prep your ingredients. Wash, peel and cup the potato into bite-sized pieces. Dice the onion. Roughly chop the sausage. Cut the carrots into large rounds. Wash and finely chop the parsley. This can be done ahead of time.
2) Heat olive oil in large pot. Saute the garlic, onions and sausage for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent garlic from burning. Then add the carrots and potatoes and cook for another few minutes. Add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. You can adjust the amount of water to add depending on how thick you want your soup.
3) Once the pot has boiled, reduce heat, cover and simmer for an hour or until carrots and potatoes are tender and pasta is cooked. The longer you let is simmer the more intense the flavors will get. Once you've simmered for the right amount of time serve piping hot with some delicious bread on the side. Enjoy!