I made scones. Bowman's mom made scones and then requested I make some and tell her how they were, so I did. As you can see, I had an abundance of apples from the apple picking adventure so I went with these Oatmeal Apple Scones from Mr. Breakfast.com.
First I mixed all these:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter -
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup diced apple
The hard part was that you had to just plop it down on a greased pan and cut it into wedges. It was very inexact.
And voila! Scones! This sounds weird but they were a little too moist for my liking. Usually when I eat scones I like it to be a little dry so I'm not sure how I would tweak the recipe, but maybe next time I'll try a different one.