Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Carrot Cake or I'll take any excuse to use cream cheese icing

When one pictures carrot cake don't you think of those crazy little pieces at the grocery store with the tiny frosting carrot on top. That stuff is gross. I honestly had no idea I liked carrot cake until college when my cousin made this recipe.

Here it goes:
1) Mix 2 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp allspice and 1/2 tsp salt
2) Add 4 eggs, 1/4 cup oil and 1 tsp vanilla
3) Stir in 3 cups of shredded carrots
4) Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees in greased 9x13 pan


Finally:
5) Blend 1/4 cup softened butter, 4 (give or take, I add more usually) oz softened cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, about 2 cups of confectioners sugar. Spread on top. and then lick the spatula and bowl.

I would have taken a picture of a piece of the cake but I had to bring it, intact, to our small group to share. :)

No comments: