When one pictures carrot cake don't you think of those crazy little pieces at the grocery store with the tiny frosting carrot on top. That stuff is gross. I honestly had no idea I liked carrot cake until college when my cousin made this recipe.
Here it goes:
1) Mix 2 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp allspice and 1/2 tsp salt
2) Add 4 eggs, 1/4 cup oil and 1 tsp vanilla
3) Stir in 3 cups of shredded carrots
4) Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees in greased 9x13 pan
5) Blend 1/4 cup softened butter, 4 (give or take, I add more usually) oz softened cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, about 2 cups of confectioners sugar. Spread on top. and then lick the spatula and bowl.
I would have taken a picture of a piece of the cake but I had to bring it, intact, to our small group to share. :)