Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

On travel and being an adult

This past weekend I headed to Kansas City to go to a friends' wedding. It finally hit me I'm traveling like an adult. Differences?
  • We rented a car. We're not yet 25 (yes, we're still so young, I know) and paid and extra fee but darn it we rented. 
  • We booked our own hotel room. We did not share said hotel room with five other people in order to make it like $30 a night per person which is a little disappointing. On the bright side, no one had to sleep on the floor.
  • I dressed nice for travel. No sweat pants and uggs for this girl. Makes me feel better and more presentable when I arrive somewhere. And I have my own roller carry-on. So mature. 
  • Finally, I do the airplane crossword. Immature youths don't do the crossword. Boo yah. Adulthood at its finest.
(At the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City. So amazing! And it's free!)

No comments: