Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Peanut Butter Granola Balls


These were originally called "No Bake Energy Bites." I like the "no bake" portion of the title but don't like the "energy bites" part. It makes them sound healthy. Lets not kid ourselves. I don't think they're unhealthy per-se, but involve chocolate chips so I'm not gonna go so far as to make some crazy claims about them being good for your heart. Bottom line is they're super delicious and convenient and easy to make.


They're a bit messy to make too. I think kids would have tons of fun to make these. I don't have access to any elementary school kids to test that theory though. If you have kids and they like making them, let me know.

 

PB Granola Balls
from this site

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer mini)
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
To Make:

1) Microwave peanut butter and honey for a few seconds until they're melty enough to mix in.

2) Stir together flaxseed, oatmeal, chocolate chips, coconut. Pour in honey and peanut butter and mix until combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

3) When chilled, take about 2 tablespoons and form a ball in your hands. Keep in a covered container in the refrigerate and enjoy!

1 comment:

Trisha Carlson said...

Are these the ones you were talking about on Skype?