My love language is food. Sharing dinner with good friends, setting the table, making snacks and delicious treats are how I express that I care for people. If I make you food, you're in.
Homemade Cheese Its
adapted from BHG
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour flour
- 2-3 tbsp ice water
1) Shred the cheddar cheese. Put the paddle attachment with your electric mixer (or hand mixer for the first part). Mix the cheese, butter and salt until well combined. Next slowly add the flour until the dough is pebbly. Finally add ice water until a ball is formed.
2) Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
3) Preheat the oven to 375. Using a mixer flatten the dough into a really thin sheet, about 1/4"thick. Cut dough into small squares. I used a pizza cutter but you can also use a fluted pastry cutter, if you're fancy.
4) Places squares on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper if you have some. Bake about 15 minutes until puffed and a little brown. Let cool on a rack as soon as they come out of the oven.
These are best enjoyed while fresh! Enjoy.