Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Recipe Fails II

Sometimes things don't go as i hope. And by sometimes I mean more often than I would care to admit. But for your entertainment I'm admitting it today. 
The first recipe fail I'd like to tell you about was a Chocolate Chip Cookie Milkshake. I had some left over cookie dough so I baked a few. 
After the baking I took some homemade vanilla bean ice cream, milk and the cookies and blended away. My hopes were high.
My hopes were then dashed on the rocks. It was g-ross. Kind of grainy, not smooth and tasty like I had hoped. I may have still finished it, but I blocked it from my memory. 

The next fail? Homemade energy drinks. I did hot yoga for a long time and still like to workout a fair bit. I thought I'd be legit to have a homemade Gatorade, without all the sugar and fake stuff.
Everything starts out fine and dandy. Fresh lemon and lime juice, agave, water, sea salt.
Somewhere along the line things get a little iffy. I don't know if it was the weird brown color, the salt or what but man it was not refreshing.
I'm gonna stick with water for a little while. I'm still searching for a more reliable energy drink recipe. Let me know.
Any recipe fails you've had lately?

No comments: