I've mellowed from that a little bit but not a ton; I'd rather make something new most days.
The reason I told you that is to emphasize that when I say I've made this four times in a month and a half you realize that's a big deal. This salad is REALLY GOOD. It's become my go to potluck, picnic, lunch thing. Try it. You'll see.
Back to the salad. It's got some great ingredients and is perfect for summer. It doesn't involve a stove, is good warm or cold and you can use fresh basil and tomatoes. If you add some grilled chicken you've got a main course too.
You also combine the flavors or sun dried tomatoes and marinated artichoke hearts. You can't go wrong.
Mediterranean Cous Cous Salad
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Cous Cous
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, in olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup fresh basil
- juice from one lemon
- Olive oil
1) Prepare cous cous according to directions on the box. Or you can boil the water in a large glass measuring cup, then pour in olive oil and cous cous and cover with pastic wrap. Let sit for 15 minutes then fluff with a fork.
2) Prep your ingredients: drain and rinse garbanzo beans. Cut the marinated artichoke hearts into smaller pieces. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Chop basil into bite sized pieces.
3) Pour cous cous into large bowl. Add in the rest of the prepared ingredients and feta cheese and mix well. Squeeze lemon juice on top and add a little bit of olive oil. Toss and enjoy!