- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (I question if this even matters but I'm a follower)
- 1 + 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp crumbled goat cheese (mmmm)
- 1 cup buttermilk (cold) (I made buttermilk with 1 cup milk + some lemon juice and let it sit for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp honey
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees and put a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven while it preheats.
2) Stir together flour, powder, soda and salt. Now incorporate butter and goat cheese into this mixture using your hands. It will be quite crumbly. obvi. Whisk together the milk and honey then add into the flour mixture. Stir until no dry flour remains.
3) Take out skillet, put some butter into the bottom of the pain and swirl around to coat. Using large spoonfuls (about 1/4 cup of batter) drop the dough into the skillet, leaving about an inch of space between them. About 6 biscuits will fix in at once. Bake for 16 minutes until tops of golden, dry and slightly firm. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
4) Enjoy with some coffee or jam or both.