Yes, there is more Joy the Baker coming atcha today. This is a doosey. I have more for you after this one too! But I promise to not make my blog 100% Joy the Baker this summer because that would be fattening for all of us...or maybe just me.
Whiskey Banana Bread Pudding
(the original is bourbon, but my husband got whiskey because the men at the store told him it was the same, so we went with it)
- 1 stale baguette
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 and 3/4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tbsp whiskey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- optional: cinnamon sugar or other toppings (she suggested sliced bananas...but I used mine)
2) Tear your baguette into chunks and place in dish. Add the mashed bananas and incorporate with your hands (if we're being honest I just put whole bananas into the pan and I just went to town). Set aside for just a minute.
3) In a saucepan heat the brown sugar and whole milk until warm and sugar is dissolved. In separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Add milk mixture to the eggs until well incorporated. Now stir in the whiskey and vanilla extract. Dump this over the bread/banana goodness.
4) Bake for 25-35 minutes until bread is browned and there is minimal jiggling of the liquid (is jiggling a word?). Let this cool for 15-20 minutes.
5) Spoon into serving dishes and top with cinnamon sugar and bananas if you happened to have some extra (which we never do in a house of 6 people...). It is seriously delicious. I also enjoyed it cold out of the fridge the next day.