Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A few summer recipes

Someone may have accidentally gotten a wicked sun burn while reading outside today...and that someone might be me. I can't help it that my book is good and it's a perfect 80 degrees outside. Between that, making French Toast and watching The Bachlorette nothing much has been accomplished today. In light of that I thought I'd get my butt into gear and share some of my favorite summer recipes with you. Don't worry though, I didn't spend any time typing out recipes, I simply posted some links & pictures for you. 

Buttered Crouton Salad with Smoked Salmon and Mushroom Soup
I made this for myself the other night when I was home alone for dinner
(how that happens when you live with 6 people and 2 babies I don't know).


Pan Seared Steak 
Made by my brother-in-law, who is the son of a butcher, and was skeptical about the miracle of steak cooked indoors with lots of butter. 
Similar to this recipe by Emeril Lagasse except we added more seasoning before searing and finished the cooking in the oven (400 degrees for 7 minutes)

Caprese Salad!
My favorite salad in the whole world, I think.
Simply layer fresh basil, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and drizzle with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and S&P. 

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Angela, I live vicariously through you. For a moment I was sun bathing and eating yummy caprese salad. For a moment :) Keep blogging, please!