Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies won me "best cookie of the summer award" as granted by my dad and husband. I take that as a pretty high honor.

I once used Pioneer Woman's recipe for Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies and the men really like them. However I consistently experienced technical difficulties when making them (they STICK to the pan like you wouldn't believe and are paper thin). I decided to hunt down a new recipe and found a good one! This recipe comes from The Cookie Scoop

Ingredients:
  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup plain malted milk powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened (recipe calls for unsalted but I used salted and omitted the salt)
  • 1 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip (used Hershey and they were great)

To make: Preheat the oven to 350. 

Cream the butter and sugars in a mixer until light and fluffy. While this happens, mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, malted milk powder, soda). 

Next, add the eggs, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk to the butter/sugar mixture until well combined. 

Dump in the flour&stuff just and mix until all the dry ingredients are mixed in. Stir in chocolate chips.

Place dough in balls on cookie sheet and bake until edges are slightly brown (mine took quite awhile, 15-17 minutes.)

Even my nephew enjoyed them.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. This is the greatest picture of Bowman ever. I love kids.