Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Basil Ice


I don't even think this is a recipe. It's not really, its just more of a suggestion.

The other day I had purchased a bag full of basil (for $1.49 at our local produce stand, which I love) and only used about 4 leaves for some pasta. It started to look ishy (technical term...) so I threw out my dilemma to the Facebook world. My friends/relatives came to the rescue. Unforunately I was feeling lazy due to my work schedule (I don't know how people do the whole 8-5 thing....it's draining) and picked the easiest option.

Here is what you do:

  • Wash & dry your basil
  • Chop it up into small pieces
  • Put a specific amount (I did about 1 tbsp) into an empty spot in an ice cube tray, repeating until you run out of spaces.
  • Fill with water & freeze.

BRILLIANT. I used it yesterday for some really mediocre tomato soup. And how fabulous would this be for some mojito pizzaz? (I always see pizza when I type pizzaz and get hungry).

I already did it with some rosemary too. You're welcome. Although you are probably more advanced than I am and have been using this for years. Lucky you.

(Sorry about the excessive parenthesis use)

No comments: