Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Peach Slaw

I'm having my first guest post today! Allow me to introduce you to KP. She was my supplier of lattes, 1/3 of my closet & many delicious goodies through nursing school. As a fellow University of Arizona and now a Seattle resident we have many things in common, including our love of cooking & baking. With no further adieu, here is KP with her recipe for Peach Slaw!
~~~


Hello everyone! I was so excited when Ang asked me to do a guest blog posting for her this week! So here it goes, and since i've never really done a blog post before, bear with me.

As Ang said in her previous blog, I got to introduce her and Seth to the Ballard farmers market this past weekend. I'm loving getting to introduce friends to new places and things in the city I love, and the Ballard farmers market is definitely one of those treasures around here. As an aside, I am thrilled beyond belief to have Ang back in close proximity after us both leaving Tucson after nursing school to Texas and Pittsburgh. Not to mention I now have a different closet to raid on a regular basis again, hurray (Lacey I'm still missing your clothes too, but I guess 2 out of the three closets will have to do for now)!

But, back to the market and tasty food. At the farmers market we decided to split 20 pounds of peaches for $20 between 4 of us, so I've been making LOTS of meals with peaches. Here's one of the recipes that I made up this week. I'm calling it a peach salsa, but it's probably more like a peach slaw. Tastes pretty yummy on a bed of spinach or lettuce as a salad or in a taco with some fish or chicken.

Hope you enjoy!

Peach Slaw
  • 2 peaches chopped
  • 1/2 red onion diced
  • 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 jalapeno de-seeded and diced
  • 1 ear of corn cut off the cob
  • 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
  • 1 tsp cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp rice vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • juice and zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 Tbs greek yogurt

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Enjoy!



No comments: