Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Observation Tuesday: Volume 23

(Picture Source: Real Simple)

This past week I read an article from Real Simple about 9 Easy Ways to be Happier. It's pretty basic and I agree with most of it, like exercising and trying something new. However the first slide recommends setting your thermostat cooler. Interesting, until you read the reason why "Researchers at the University of Michigan discovered that blowing cold air up participants’ noses put them in a better frame of mind than did blasts of hot air."

HOLD ON. WHY WOULD SOMEONE SHOOTING AIR UP YOUR NOSE MAKE YOU ANYTHING LESS THAN ANGRY? I don't care if it's lukewarm, I'm gonna be upset. 

Also, if you're a nurse, or know a nurse, check out this link to: #Whatshouldwecallnursing. It's hilarious.

Finally, I'd like to observe that I have walked more in the month I've lived in Seattle than I did the whole time I lived in Texas. Probably for two reasons. 1) It's not 110* outside. 2) I actually live in walking distance of things like a grocery store and coffee shops. We'll see how I feel about it when it rains for the next 8 months...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

If someone blew hot or cold or any air up my nose, nothing would be going through my head but anger!