Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Broiled Peaches with Maple Creme Fraiche


Confession: I had cereal for dinner tonight and I liked it. It was my second day of working on my new floor on the hospital and my brain is FULL. Like, 124% full, spilling out my ears, couldn't even focus enough to get my chapstick at the end of the day, it's great! Needless to say, I went for the least amount of thinking, no-prep dinner, so Kashi it was. Now that we have that out of the way, we can move on. 

This may be peach overkill, but I think this is my favorite so far . In fact, after Kristen came over for dinner and we made this, I made it again the next night. It's simple and delicious ingredients with minimal preparation and fabulous results. 

Broiled Peaches with Maple Creme Fraiche 

Ingredients:
  • 4 ripe peaches 
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 8 oz Creme Fraiche
  • 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
  • Gingersnaps (a few)

1) Turn oven broiler on low (or just turn off if there are no options). Cut the peaches in half & remove the pit. Place in pan, open face up and spread coconut oil on top. I used my fingers. Broil peaches for 7-12 minutes or until fragrant and looking golden brown (depending on your broiler temp, since mine was on low, it took a bit longer)

2) While peaches are broiling mix the creme fraiche and maple syrup together, adding more or less syrup depending on taste. Also, crush gingersnaps (I put them in a plastic bag and use the bottom of a glass)

3) When peaches are done, remove from oven and place in serving dishes. Place dollop of creme fraiche in center and top with crushed gingersnaps.

Enjoy!




No comments: