You guys, I'm pretty excited about 2013. I just have a sense of anticipation for this year. This will probably be one of the more stable years I've had since before I started college. I'll be in the same city, not getting married, and hopefully not getting robbed! Granted, crazy things could happen but I feel really ready for this year. I'm excited to settle in here in Seattle, develop community, explore the city, read a lot, get better at my job, and learn more. I'm asking Jesus to do work in and through me. The possibilites of a new year are endless.
Deep thoughts like this are often thought over a hot beverage of some kind. Because really, I love hot drinks. Tea, coffee, cocoa, apple cider. All delicious.
adapted from Joy the Baker
- 2 cups of your favorite brand of almond milk
- honey, to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- touch of pure vanilla extract (or a vanilla pod if you've got it)
1) Pour almond milk into a small sauce pan. If unsweetened almond milk stir in honey, or brown sugar if you prefer, to taste. It will melt as the milk heats. I added about 2 teaspoons of some fancy, fresh honey my parents had.
2) Using the tiniest grater you have (see above picture for adorable example) add nutmeg and cardamom. Stir occasionally over medium-low heat until very warm. Once warm enough, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. If you using a vanilla pod, add while the mixture is heating and take out before serving.
3) Pour into two cups, or one very large cup, and serve with a cookie, or two. Enjoy!