Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Almond Butter Granola

I'm a little upset with the general public. No one told me almond butter was so GOOD! I decided to branch out the other day at good 'ol Trader Joes and buy some and I'm a little hooked. So far I've enjoyed it by itself, on an apple and in this granola form. 
This almond butter granola is what sold me. Its a fantastic combination of chewy, sweet and delicious. And since you know i'm obsessed with granola (see this, this and this) it should come as no surprise that I love this.
You know what other health food thing I'm into? Chia seeds. They're full of omega 3s and fiber apparently. I've been into putting them into smoothies lately. In fact, I made one with my nephew and told him they were bugs and he was really into them.
Go ahead and make a double batch of it to start because one isn't enough. It's even a good base and you could add lots of extra delicious things I'm sure. Banana chips if you're into that (I'm not), cocoa nibs, peanuts, whatever you want!
Almond Butter Granola
from Shape
Ingredients
  • 4 tbsp almond butter
  • 4 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 cups oatmeal
To Make

1) Preheat oven to 325* and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. 

2) Put almond butter and honey in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Mix well, then add in cinnamon and vanilla extract. Once those are well combined stir in chia seeds and oatmeal. 

3) Spread on cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet and store in airtight container. Enjoy!

No comments: