Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Glazed Walnut Granola


Still obsessed with Shutterbean, and granola. I like having staple recipes and this becoming one of them. I've made it twice. And I'm currently eating some with greek yogurt. The secret? Roasting the walnuts in a sauce pan with butter and brown sugar. 


It just looks delicious! And real talk, I was mid hanging pictures and got distracted while making this, hence the hammer in the picture....


Glazed Walnut Granola 

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 1 and 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweet or unsweetened, your preference
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  • 1/2 cup dried fruit (I like blueberries & craisins)
To make:

1) Preheat oven to 350. Begin by melting butter in small saucepan, then toss in the walnuts over a medium-low heat. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes. If you don't stir often enough they'll get too roasted in parts, so err on the side of caution here. Next, turn heat to low and add in brown sugar and honey. Stir until walnuts are coated and sugar is melted. Remove from heat

2) In another bowl, mix together oats, coconut, and seeds. Throw in the walnuts and mix well.

3) Place on rimmed cookie sheet and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes stirring once or twice so it cooks evenly. Once out of the oven toss in the dried fruit and let cool. Store in airtight container.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Amanda Liston said...

Okay, not that I'm not loving all of these recipes but I'm also anxiously awaiting your "The History of Love" review. I promise that you won't hurt my feelings if you didn't like it ;)