Spring Soup with Chicken, Orzo and Lemon
adapted from Shutterbean
- olive oil
- 2-3 leeks, white and pale-green parts only
- 2-3 celery stalks and leaves
- 2 cups pre cooked chicken
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1/4 fresh dill, or chives
- lemons (for serving)
1) Start by prepping your ingredients. Slice leeks and celery crosswise, thinly. Chop the dill (or chives). And shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2) In large soup pot, pour some olive oil and heat over medium heat. Saute leeks and celery until soft, about 5 minutes. Pour in broth and bring to a boil, then add in orzo and cook according to directions to al dente. About 3 minutes before that is done add in chicken. When orzo is done, stir in the dill (or chives).
3) Spoon into bowls and squeeze lemons into soup. Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!