Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Muffins

I'm having a serious case of day-off-itis today. All I want to do it sit around and watch How I Met Your Mother or go ice skating. Does anyone else want to go ice skating? Come with me! I don't particularly want vacuum or grocery shop or return my library books. This blog post is a compromise. It involves sitting down but also is on my to do list so I guess it's a win-win. Also, I get to share this delicious recipe with you guys.   
 You want some real talk today? Here it is:
 Back to the muffins, they're tasty. Light and fluffy and sweet. Perfect compliment to a class of milk on a blustery morning.
And no mixer involved, only a wooden spoon, a large measuring cup and a mixing bowl. And a muffin tin, but that's implied. 
 Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Muffins 
from the Food Network
Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup plus 2 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, but some for the tops
To Make:

1) Preheat oven to 400* F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.

2) Stir together flour, powder, soda, cocoa and sugar. In separate bowl whisk milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla extract. Pour into flour-mixture and stir with wooden spoon just until combined. Then mix in chocolate chips.

3) Spoon batter into muffin tin and top each with a few chocolate chips. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!



No comments: