I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe yet. Ever since discovering this delightful breakfast it's been in my repertoire repeatedly. Best part about this? The delicious and creamy combo of peanut butter and banana. I'm a little partial to the Adams Peanut Butter. It's natural (NO ADDED SUGAR) and you don't have to do any stirring to use it.
To begin you saute some banana slices in coconut oil and let the flavor really come out of them. Then you add the rest of the ingredients and let the oats cook in almond milk. Bonus, it's vegan so you start out your day feeling super healthy. Make it on the morning you're needing a filling and delicious and warm way to start the day and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
(from Oh She Glows)
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 heaping tbsp peanut butter
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 and 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional toppings: peanut butter, maple syrup, chopped peanuts, extra almond milk
1) Melt coconut oil in small pot. Roughly chop the banana and saute in pan until it starts to get soft and a little mushy (as unappealing as that sounds).
2) Once banana is ready, stir in the peanut butter for just a few minutes. Add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil. Then simmer until thick and creamy, about 8-10 minutes.
4) Scoop into a bowl, add your toppings and dig in!